The best part of “us” is our people. Just ask those we do business with. There may be companies that are as smart as us, but we think you’d be hard pressed to find one with so many cordial, above and beyond, and downright nice people as ours.
We started back in 1972 as American Business Systems providing electronic calculators, typewriters and word-processing solutions. The business evolved into a data imaging and mini-computer firm as technology changed. While it has been a while since ABS Technology Architects has sold an electronic calculator, what ABS has carried forward is an understanding of how to take care of our clients and deliver innovative solutions that meet the most pressing business and organizational needs.
In 1999, the company took a new direction when they saw the potential of the IP-network for positive change in the worlds of business, government and education. That’s when we picked up our current name, ABS Technology Architects. At the same time, the company shifted the focus from digital imaging and archival to network-based IP communications. ABS was so committed to IP-based communications, that we were the first Virginia-based firm to receive Cisco’s IP Telephony certification and remains the longest continuously certified Cisco voice partner in Virginia.
We are or were recognized as:
- a Cisco Systems Gold Certified Partner
- Cisco Systems’ Customer Satisfaction Excellence from 2002 to 2012
- Cisco’s East Area Borderless Networking Partner of the Year in 2011
- Cisco Systems’ Advanced Technology Partner from 2007 to 2011
- Cisco’s U.S. and Canada East Regional Partner of the Year in 2010
- Lynchburg Region’s 2000 Technology Partner of the Year in 2010
- Cisco’s U.S. East Region State, Local Government and Education (SLED) Partner of the Year in 2009
- Ingram Micro’s Top Growth Eastern Region Award in 2007
- Ingram Micro’s Cisco GovEd Alliance Partnership Award in 2007
- Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2007 and 2008
- Ingram Micro’s GovEd Alliance Partnership Award in 2006
- IPCelerate’s Partner of the Year in 2005
- Cisco Systems’ East Area Enterprise Partner of Year in 2005 nomination
- Cisco Systems’ U.S. National Partner of the Year for Innovation in 2004
- Cisco Systems’ East Area Partner of the Year in 2003 and 2004
- Cisco Systems’ Global Partner of Year in 2004 nomination
- Cisco Systems’ Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year in 2002